Having an alkaline body helps in dealing with different health problems like gout, kidney health, ulcers and some claim even cancer. We have written about how to alkalize your body by drinking Baking Soda here. However there are other foods that help the alkalizing process. in the infographic above brought from https://www.positivehealthwellness.com they list 7 foods that are help lower your body acidity. We are also losting other benefits that these foods contain:
- Spinach: spinach has anti-inflamatory and anti-cancer properties that help cancer prevention and is a good source for iron and good for eye sight.
- Kale: Rich with vitamines (C &K) and minerals, also has anti-inflamatory and anti-cancer properties as well as anti-viral benefits, so if you ever have a flu keep kale in mind
- Cucumber: shares the anti-inflamatory and anti-cancer properties and is good for your brain and nerve system with it’s high vitamin B, works as an anti-depressant as well. Here’s an idea: stress eating?
- Broccoli: Rich with fibers and vitamines, containes omega 3, this food will help protection from heart diseases, diabetes, and obesety. Support your bones and digetive systems. Will also make you look younger, well that last part is not for you of course.
- Avocado: good for your eyes, your heart and helps with artheritis and high cholesterol. Also allows you to absorb nutritients from plant foods. Avocado prices going up? Here is another post we wrote about growing avocados at home!
- Celery: Protects your liver. Helps lowering cholesterol and high blood pressure. Helps with digestion and prevents ulcers, fights inflamations and infections!
- Bell Peppers: My favorite because it has all the benefits mentioned above, has low calories and if you are on a diet, it will make you feel full!
Most of these foods you can grow at your home, so why not go get some seeds and start planting? Let us know what you think on facebook!